ProTop Trends Dashboard Overview
Depending on the version of ProTop, historical trend data is accessed by clicking on the resource in the ProTop Dashboard or right-clicking on the resource and selecting option "Trend data":
This brings you to the trend dashboard where the data is split into multiple trend screens:
- Main Dashboard: Provides a global view of database activity
- Table and Index Statistics ($$): Provides detailed CRUD statistics for individual tables and indexes
- Latches and Resources ($$): Display both latch and resource activity and waits
- Classic AppServers ($$): Display detailed information on Webspeed brokers and classic appservers
- Linux/Windows Servers ($$): Provides detailed CPU, memory, disk and network statistics of the host
- Configuration ($$): Displays startup, database configuration and related configuration parameters
All the dashboards share a common navigation bar, where you can select the site, resource and graphical dashboard to display. You can return to the ProTop Dashboard at any time by clicking on the Home link.
Time Frame & Refresh Interval
In the upper right corner, you can select the time frame and auto-refresh interval by clicking on the appropriate button:
Clicking on the Time Frame buttom brings up the time range selector. You can select one of the pre-defined ranges or enter your own custom range.
Note that the free version of ProTop provides up to 48 hours of historical trend data. The commercial version of ProTop gives you access to up to 3 years of data, and if you convert from the free version to a commercial version, the historical data that accumulated while you were on the free version becomes visible.
Auto Refresh Interval
Clicking on the auto-refresh interval button brings up a list of possible intervals for automatically refreshing the graphs:
Graph Navigation Features
Hovering the cursor within any graph will bring up a vertical, thin red line designating a specific point in time. The same red line will appear at the same specific point in time in all the graphs on the page.
Additionally, a gray box will appear showing the data values at the designated time for fields listed. CAREFUL: Some data points use the left vertical axis while others, labeled with (right-y), use the right vertical axis.
Use the left mouse buttom to highlight a section of the graph, then release the button to zoom in on that section:
With focus on any graph, hit the letter "t", then the left or right arrow to move the time range back or forward: