Starting the ProTop Real-Time Monitor
If ProTop is not installed, click here for the installation guide.
For UNIX-based systems
- Login to the server and change directories to the ProTop installation directory ($PROTOP).
Run bin/protop with one argument. That argument should either be
- A friendly name listed in etc/dblist.cfg. Example: bin/protop friendlyname
- The full path and database name. Example: bin/protop /path/to/db/dbname
For Windows-based systems
On Windows there are two options:
- Open a Proenv window then follow the same instructions as listed above for UNIX-based systems.
Create a desktop shortcut:
- Open Windows File Explorer to the ProTop installation directory (%PROTOP%), then to the bin subdirectory
- Double-click on mkscut.bat. This will create a desktop shortcut for ProTop
- Right-click on the newly created icon and select "Rename" to give the shortcut a more meaningful name.
- Right-Click again and select "Properties'
- Select the "Shortcut" tab
- Add the friendly name or full DB path to the end of the "Target:"
- Click on "OK"
- Test by double-clicking the shortcut.